Dance Effects Presents...
Elements of Dance!
Dancing through Earth, Air, Fire, and Water
It is once again time to start preparing for our annual recital! Although participation in the recital is not mandatory, all students are highly encouraged to take part. Performing is a great experience and gives students the opportunity to show off all of their hard work. After all, dance is a performance art!
Important Performance Information
When: Tuesday, June 13th, 2017 at 6:30pm.
Where: Campbell Heritage Theatre - 1 West Campbell Ave. Campbell, CA 95008
Tickets: $22 each - All tickets are for assigned seats and must be purchased through the Heritage Theatre Box Office. Online ticket sales will begin Friday, May 12th at www.heritagetheatre.org ($5 per ticket service charge). In- person and phone sales will begin Saturday, May 13th (408) 866-2700. TICKET POLICY: Everyone in the audience MUST have a ticket. Children under the age of 2 are permitted free of charge but must sit on a parent’s lap. Dancers do not need tickets as they will remain backstage for the entire performance.
Expectations: Being a part of the show is a big responsibility for both dancers and parents. It is important that students attend class regularly, and are present for ALL rehearsals, AND picture day. We understand that conflicts arise but please do your best to schedule other activities around dance. Agreeing to participate in the show means making a commitment to yourself, your teachers, and your fellow dancers to be on time to class and ready to work. As of February 1st, no more than 4 absences will be allowed per class in order to participate in our show. No refunds will be given if a student is pulled due to lack of attendance.
Performance Week Requirements: Students will be expected to attend extra rehearsals at the studio the week prior to the show. This includes:
• Picture Day - Sunday, 6/4
• Pictures will run from approximately 11:00am to 8:00pm with 10-30 minute time slots for each class. Photography packages will be available for purchase through DaSilva Studio Photography. Exact times and more details will be provided in your Performance Packet (available in March).
• Rehearsal at Dance Effects - Saturday 6/10
• Rehearsal will run from approximately 1:30pm to 8:00pm with 90 minute time slots for each of our 4 Acts. Depending upon the number of classes a dancer is in he/she may be in only 1 or in all 4 Acts. Exact times and performance order will be provided in your Performance Packet.
• Dress Rehearsal - Monday, 6/12 (MANDATORY for all performers. No exceptions.)
• Dress Rehearsal will run from approximately 4:30pm to 9:00pm. All dancers will arrive to rehearse our Final
Bows first, followed by our youngest dancers, and then we will run the show in order with specific time slots for each Act. Exact times will be determined by our Show order and noted in your Performance Packet.
Each participating dancer will purchase a performance package starting at $100. The performance package will include the following:
• 1 Costume
• All necessary tights and accessories
• 1 Dance Effects T-shirt with full cast list.
*Additional costumes for dancers who are in more than one number are $85 each. Please note, Costumes will be ordered for every class (except Technique, Mommy & Me, and Performing Co.). Costume fees include all necessary tights and accessories, however, specific shoes may need to be purchased additionally. Purchases are non- refundable.